Friday, April 20, 2012

Todd Oldham's Hand Made Modern

I scored this great book, Todd Oldham's Hand Made Modern at a used book sale:


I've always loved Todd Oldham's colorful and retro style, so this book is definitely full of eye candy and inspiration for me.


I love the pages devoted to various designers and artists that influence these projects, like this one for Charles Harper.  Love his artwork:


It's full of projects that seem doable, though I have to say some still seem a touch daunting to me.  Though wouldn't this corduroy ottoman be so killer?


Or these cool lanterns?


I definitely recommend this book for visual inspiration of retro style projects. It's full of color pictures and the instructions seem fairly straightforward with plenty of photos for each step. Right now, I'm loving this book for the pix--but I'm definitely open to trying a project in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment