Friday, February 1, 2013

Secret Santa

Man, it's been forever since I posted and almost as long as since I got crafty but I at least got to do Secret Santa this year!  When I was out in SoCal last month for my company's Awards banquet, I convinced folks to do four days of Secret Santa.  My person listed Glee, the Nebraska Huskers, cereal, and Katie Holmes among his interests.

The first day I made a mix CD of Glee songs with a card from Katie Holmes:


The second day I made a simple fleece blanket with a Katie Holmes stand-in:


And also a little note from Katie:


It works!


The third day, I made a drawstring bag with leftover Nebraska fleece fabric.  I put a box of cereal in it and Katie told him he could use the bag as a shoe bag when he travels.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic.

On the final day, I made a dopp kit using this boxy bag tutorial from Skip To My Lou and embellished it with a Nebraska "N" from leftover fleece fabric.


Instead of oilcloth, I used this cute cowboy fabric:


And inside, I put in this requested ice cream scoop.


Felt so good to be crafty again!

1 comment:

  1. secret santa looks so fun!!! i wish i had people to do it with!

    ReplyDelete